Wednesday, June 08, 2005

But what if you're wife's a geek?

Emily Hambidge caused a bit of excitement in the blogosphere today, with her article about dating a developer. I told my husband about it, and his immediate response was to laugh and say "but what if you're wife's a geek?"

We came up with some perks to having a geek for a wife:

1. Tons of free T-shirts, since they almost never give away T-shirts that are small enough for me to wear. One exception was a T-shirt from Macromedia with the Central logo on it.

2. I like chinese take-out even more than he does--especially if it's from Eric's on Church Street.

3. I'm not really interested in gifts of jewelry--tech gadgets will make my heart skip a beat.

4. Neither one of us plays emotional games. We're both too busy being geeky to bother with relationship issues that aren't real.

5. We both love getting the legos out and playing with the kids.

...

No comments: