Monday, June 13, 2005

Jackson and the Dentist's Drill

In my mind, Michael Jackson will now and forever be associated with the dentist's drill.

Sitting in the Dentists chair today, typical easy listening music played in the office. My dentist numbs my gums, and starts to drill. That little cavity will soon be gone.

When she pauses, the music is gone and the sound of a very formal voice is in the middle of reading aloud a verdict...something about giving alcohol to a minor. I think, "what a strange thing to be listening to in a dentists office". I wonder why they changed the radio station to some kind of court-room broadcast. The reading goes on and on, and I hear little bits whenever my dentist pauses or changes implements.

We're done! Yeah! As I walk up to the front desk, to pay the bill, I realize what we've been listening to. The radio station had broken into it's "regular programming" to broadcast the Michael Jackson verdict.

Now why would they do such a thing? Seems very strange to me.

No comments: